Sunday 29 May 2011

SUNDAY, 29 MAY 2011 AND THE LATEST ON BTN:SMG

Well, I don’t know how to begin. I thought of starting it off with “ha! ha! ha!” or “the joke’s on me” except as I’m in Germany that would be “the yoke’s on me” but I’m doing neither.

The ebook cover for my proposed book, it would appear, is going to take a little longer than I’d anticipated - and I thought it would be a relatively simple undertaking. Pick up telephone. Dial number. Speak with professed professional on the other end. Bounce off ideas, as they say, pay my few hundred quid, result: me grinning from my cover. And that would be that.

Wrong! Following a lot of to-ing and fro-ing resulting in my brain turning to instant mashed potato, the conversation finally came to an end whereupon I sat back to catch my breath while awaiting their email of costs. And it came. They want £2000.00 and 2.5% of my sales revenue! You what? They’re having a laugh. Why not take all the profit and be done with it! I have a kidney to spare take that as well why don’t you. Actually, no, I haven’t. I need all my bits as pathetic as they are. I’m still infected with the dreaded lurgy and that’s another story, all to do with superbugs and the Grim Reaper Gherkin of Germany, all of which can be found on my regular blog.

I can see this is going to be a fun journey but I’m on the hunt! I’m determined to be illustrated and illustrated I shall be…!

PS. In between nursing a cat with failing kidneys, he certainly doesn’t have one to spare, and nursing myself, I have been listening to my podcast. To make sure someone does. I’m continuously going over it, the result of which is: “ooh, don’t like that” and “I think I’ll add that funny story there” whereupon I’ve been making minor changes but major improvements on BTN:SMG. Yes! Improvements not just changes. Honest and modest to the end. It’s only taken me fourteen years to write but still I can see myself running after the printer jobby person who’s running away from me. “Just one more change, it’s an improvement, honest! Come back!”

No comments:

Post a Comment